DELTA STATE SCHOOL OF MARINE TECHNOLOGY, BURUTU, DELTA STATE, NIGERIA ADMISSION TO THE NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND) PROGRAMMES FOR THE 2013/2014 SESSION.
DELTA STATE SCHOOL OF MARINE TECHNOLOGY, BURUTU,
DELTA STATE, NIGERIA.
The Delta State School of Marine Technology, Burutu, Nigeria, invites applications from suitably QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR ADMISSION TO THE UNDERLISTED National Diploma (ND)programmes of the School for the 2013/2014 Academic Session.
- 1. NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND) PROGRAMMES (2 YEARS)
(A) ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT:
(i) Marine Engineering
(ii) Oil and Gas Engineering
(iii) Electrical/Electronics Engineering
(iv) Ship & Boat Building Engineering
(v) Mechanical Engineering
(vi) Civil Engineering (Water & Transportation option)
(vii) Computer Engineering
(B) SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT:
(i) Nautical Science & Seamanship
(ii) Science Laboratory Technology
(iii) Fisheries & Fisheries Technology
(v) Computer Science
(C) INDUSTRIAL SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT: (Options)
(i) Industrial Safety & Environmental Technology
(ii) Estate Management
(iii) Survey & Geo-Informatics
(iv) Urban & Regional Planning
(D) BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT:
(iii) Business Administration
(iv) Public Administration
(v) Maritime Transport & Business Management
Entry Requirements for the National Diploma (ND) Programmes:
(i) SSCE/NECO/WAEC/GCE/NABTEB/NBC ordinary level or its equivalent with credits in four (4) subjects relevant to the course, obtained at not more than two (2) sittings;
- For Engineering Technology, Science and Technology, and Industrial Safety and Environmental Management Technology Departments, credit passes in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry are required for Marine Engineering, Ship and Boat Building Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Oil and Gas Engineering, Nautical Science and Seamanship, Oceanography while credit in Mathematics and Physics are required for Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, plus any other two subjects from Biology/Agricultural Science, Basic Electronics, Technical Drawing, Woodwork, Metal work, Geography, Economics, Statistics.
- For Engineering Technology Department, the National Technical Certificate )NTC) with relevant credits for entry into all the course options in the Department.
- For Science and Technology, credit in Mathematics and any other two science subjects from Biology/Agricultural Science, Physics/Chemistry (credit in one and a pass in the other) and any other science subject.
- For Fisheries and Fisheries Technology, credit in Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry and any two from the following subjects: Geography, Mathematics, Economic and Physics. At least a pass in English Language is required.
- For Industrial Safety and Environmental Management, Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology/Agricultural Science are compulsory, plus one other subject from Physics, Economics and Technical Drawing.
- A pass in English Language is acceptable for all Engineering Technology, Science and Technology course options, Industrial Safety and Environmental Management and Survey and Geo-Informatics course options.
- For Estate Management, Urban and Regional Planning course option, credit in Mathematics, English Language and Geography are compulsory plus one other subject from Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science, Technical Drawing/Fine Art, Economics/Commerce.
- For Survey and Geo-Informatics, Physics, Mathematics and Geography are compulsory, plus credit in any other subject from Biology, Technical Drawing and Economics.
- For (ND) Business Administration and management Technology Department, credit passes in English Language and Marketing course options, plus any two (2) credits from the following: Accounts, Agricultural Science/Biology, Business Methods, Commerce, Economics, Agricultural Science/Biology, History, Geography, Literature in English and Statistics.
- For Public Administration course option, four credit passes which must include English Language, Mathematics, Government and any one from Accounts, Agricultural Science/Biology, Business Methods, Commerce, Economics, history, Geography, Literature in English and Statistics.
- Maritime Transportation and Business Management course option, credits in Mathematics and English Language are required plus credit in any other three subjects from Accounts, Agricultural Science/Biology, Business Methods, Commerce, Economics, history, Geography, Literature in English, Statistics, Additional Mathematics/French/Home Economics.
(ii) Four credit passes in relevant subjects obtained at the final examination of an NBTE recognized preliminary ND programme offered in a Polytechnic or similar post-secondary Technical Institution.
(iii) The National Technical Certificate (NTC), City and Guilds/WAEC Technical or National Business Certificate (NBC) with credit passes in all the trade modules/four (4) academic subjects relevant to the programme.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application forms for admission are obtainable from any of the following centres:
- A. Registry Department, Delta State School of Marine Technology, Burutu.
- B. Ministry of Transport Office, near PHCN Main office, Warri.
Application forms for admission are obtainable upon the presentation of a teller of
N5, 100.00 from any EcoBank Branch nationwide into the Delta State School of Marine Technology, Account No: 1392015732.
CLOSING DATE AND APTITUDE TEST:
Properly completed application forms and photocopies of credentials as well as other documents specified in the application form must be returned to the Registrar, Delta State School of Marine Technology, Burutu through any of the collection centres mentioned above not later than Friday, 6th September, 2013.
Aptitude test holds on Saturday, 21st September, 2013 at 10.00am in any of the Centres of choice indicated in candidate’s application form.
(i) Delta State School of Marine Technology, Burutu.
(ii) College of Education, Warri.
For further information, please call any of the following numbers: 08027225528, 07053898017, 07053066291, 08050893565, or visit our website: www.deltastatesomatech.edu.ng
DANIEL .A. URHIBO.